Burdock & Co
- Calculated at Checkout
- 336 pages
- Appetite by Random House
"A tiny slice" is how Burdock & Co has been described; a handful of people in a tiny room on Vancouver's Main Street, doing their thing. But from that room comes a ground-breaking, award-winning menu inspired by the vast natural world around us. At Burdock & Co, Chef Andrea Carlson harnesses the essence and power of the Pacific Northwest's coastlines, islands, farms, and forests to create fresh, seasonal menus layered in delicate complexity. The colours, aromas, textures, and flavours of her unique recipes shine luminously from the pages of this, her first cookbook.
In Burdock & Co, Andrea guides us into the delicious potential of the natural world, beautifully and lyrically exploring new frontiers in cooking--whether spotlighting the offcuts of a fish, or celebrating freshly picked rosehips--with a
literary narrative that tells the stories and unlocks the secrets of her recipes. She introduces the sustainability-focused farmers and foragers within the Burdock & Co community, and carefully shows how she translates the local ingredients they bring her into multi-dimensional recipes that let them shine.
Inside are recipes for unexpected takes on comfort classics, like the restaurant's beloved Buttermilk Fried Chicken & Pickles, Arctic Sourdough, Black Trumpet Mushroom Risotto, and Spicy Almond Dan Dan Noodles; vegetable showcases such as Braised Burdock Salad with Black Sesame Tahini, and Grilled Artichokes with Walnut Brown Butter; a bounty of fish and seafood dishes such as Sea Bream Crudo, Cherry Leaf Cured Scallops, and Rosemary Smoked Mussels; desserts including Salted Caramel Apple Pot Pie, Olive Oil Cake with Citrus Salad, and Staff Party Peach Pavlova; unique cocktails like the Shiso Fancy and Cherry Cherry Bang Bang; and experimental fermentations such as Sunchoke Beer.
Burdock & Co is an evocative, original, and playful cookbook that invites you to embrace the natural rhythms of the world around you, wherever you are. It is a book to read, to savour, and to inspire; to celebrate the elements and the seasons, and the endless possibilities they can bring to your kitchen.
- Hardcover: 336 pages
- Product Dimensions: 19.9 x 3.3 x 24.8 cm
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP: Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $10.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $12.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $13.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $19.00
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERNS PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $15 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $26.00
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Christmas Return Policy
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 12 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.