Cooking in Color - Vibrant, Delicious, Beautiful Food
- Calculated at Checkout
- HarperCollins Publishers
- 272 pages
Adrian Harris and Jeremy Inglett are the irreverent and irresistible duo behind the Food Gays, a blog and brand that promotes colorfully vibrant cooking. Think of the Food Gays as today’s Ina and Jeffrey Garten—if they were young gay men!
The Food Gays reflect how so many millennials want to eat and cook today—food full of global flavors, veggie rich, and most of all, uncomplicated. From appetizers to desserts (but hold those big Sunday roasts—that’s not their speed), this book comprises 90-plus recipes and a gorgeous photo for each one. Fans who love the flavors and aesthetics behind cookbooks from Donna Hay, Yotam Ottolenghi and of course, Ina Garten, will love the Food Gays—and will relate to them.
Not everyone can see a pretty picture and replicate it, but Harris and Inglett threw themselves into recipe development and food photography with their blog in 2012, and their creativity and social media numbers soared. Now, with over 60,000 Instagram followers, partnerships with powerful brands like Cuisinart, Happy Planet and Urban Cultivator, as well as recipe development for publications like Martha Stewart Living and Food & Wine, and a new deal with Gusto (the TV division of Canada’s Bell Media), they support themselves solely through content creation and food photography. Notable fans of the Food Gays include Gwyneth Paltrow, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Zac Posen and Nigella Lawson!
Harris and Inglett develop recipes that are joyful to behold and downright delicious. They strive for balance, so while their repertoire includes a fabulous collection of plant-forward dishes such as Roasted Five-Spice Cauliflower; Blackberry, Brie and Arugula Crostini with Honey and Lavender; and Blistered Tomato Soup, they also can’t resist comfort-food riffs like oozy Mac and Cheese Eggs Benny; tangy, Sweet and Sticky Chicken with Basil and Lime; creamy No Bake Boozy Blueberry Cheesecake; and a whole lot more.
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP / CURBSIDE CONTACTLESS PARKING PICKUP: Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $13.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $16.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $17.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $23.21
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERN PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $18.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $29.89
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
- We also do not ship electrical products outside the province of British Columbia.
Christmas Return Policy
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 10 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.