Farm to Chef: Cooking Through the Seasons
- Calculated at Checkout
- 352 pages
- Penguin Canada
Bestselling author and acclaimed chef Lynn Crawford celebrates the bounty of the seasons with over 140 recipes featuring farm-fresh produce for every occasion
There's nothing more satisfying than going to a farmer's market, picking out the freshest produce and creating vibrant recipes to showcase those ingredients. Farm to Chef comes to life with Lynn Crawford's passion for seasonal cooking and takes readers on a year-long journey with 140 original recipes, organized by season. You'll discover how easy it is to prepare fresh market ingredients, with a range of the chef's favourite fruits and vegetables: peas and rhubarb in the spring, summer berries and corn, leeks and pears in the fall, and parsnips and squash in the winter months.
Whether you're braising, roasting, baking or preserving an abundance of produce, these recipes will offer immediate inspiration. Lynn shares her go-to favourites, like Harvest Apple Pie, Primavera Pizza with Ramp Pesto and Zucchini Bread with Walnut-Honey Butter, and new takes on the classics, including Butter Chicken with Rutabaga, Morel Mushroom Panzanella Salad, and Fennel Gratin with Feta and Dill. In the autumn, curl up with a warm bowl of Carrot Lemongrass Soup with Ginger Pork Dumplings, but when the weather heats up, enjoy Grilled Flank Steak with Charred Beefsteak Tomatoes and Blue Cheese. With something for everyone and beautiful photography throughout, Farm to Chef celebrates the bounty of the seasons and will become a mainstay in your kitchen.
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP: Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $10.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $12.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $13.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $19.00
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERNS PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $15 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $26.00
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Christmas Return Policy
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 12 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to firstname.lastname@example.org along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.