FIESTA AT HOME - THUR JAN 23
- Deniz Tarakcioglu
- Class Type:
- Demonstration Class
- Event Time:
- 6 pm - 9 pm
FIESTA AT HOME | 6 PM - 9 PM
In this demo class participants will learn how to prepare some fun and crowd pleasing Mexican staples, making different salsas, cooking with chilies and building up flavours in the tradition of one of the most popular cuisines. This is the perfect dinner to make entertain guests at home or any night of the week!
• Crispy Sablefish Taco with Prickled Shallots, Tomatillo Salsa, Cabbage and Chunky Guacamole
• Cheesy Enchiladas, Pulled Organic Chicken Braised with Guava and Chipotle, Five Chili Sauce, Pico de Gallo
• Beef Short Ribs braised with Chilies and Chocolate, Aromatic Mexican Rice, Black Beans, and Mango-Lime Crema
• Chocolate Mousse with Avocado
- All participants receive a storewide 10% discount on the day of the class with exceptions on already reduced prices and electrical items, in-store items only.
- All classes are non-refundable, although you can send a friend in your place!
- Unless noted, participants must be at least 19 years of age to attend/participate in our classes.
- Allergies: we cannot guarantee that foods will be allergen-free, but you are welcome to come to class to learn, get recipes and tips. Tasting is of course your choice and is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deniz’s love of food started in the Mediterranean where he grew up in a food obsessed family. Way later life he started his professional cooking career around 2003 in small establishments of East Vancouver after immigrating to Canada. After few years in the field, he attended VCC Culinary Arts and completed the program. During his school year worked at Ouisi Bistro that specializes in Cajun and Creole Cuisine as a Chef de Partie.
After completion of school he got a job at the four diamond awarded Diva at the Metropolitan Hotel. Few high end restaurants later, he started at the Chambar Restaurant/Medina Cafe, one of the flagship restaurants of the food movement in Vancouver. Two years later he joined The Dirty Apron Cooking School and Deli as Chef and Culinary Instructor to share his love of cooking with amateur cooks.
After two years he opened Cadeaux Bakery as a Pastry Chef with Eleanor Chow to hone his dough, cake and general pastry skills. Then came back to Cafe Medina as the Executive Chef and led the team in the one of the most successful years of the restaurant. He also did luxurious private caterings in large volumes. He hosted guests like Jerry Seinfeld, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Juliette Lewis, all the Canuck players and many many more. He did couple short stints around city’s fine restaurants, then head to Galiano Island to Bodega Ridge as the Executive Chef. Currently he works part time as a culinary instructor at The Dirty Apron Cooking School, as well as a private restaurant consultant.