HEARTY VEGETARIAN - SAT, FEB 9
- Cindy Low
- Event Type:
- Demonstration Class
- Event Time:
- 11 am - 2 pm
HEARTY VEGETARIAN | 11 am - 2 pm
At last, mouth-watering dishes that appeal to vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. Join Chef Cindy Low for her inspired meatless dishes from around the world, including Turkey, West Africa, the Middle East and North America. Come hungry! This menu contains dairy, eggs and peanuts.
• Turkish lentil pies
• Roasted sweet potato hummus
• West African vegetable and peanut stew with collard greens
• Savoury pumpkin, cheddar and chive muffins
• Chocolate-dipped strawberries
- All participants receive a storewide 10% discount on the day of the class with exceptions on already reduced prices and electrical items, in-store items only.
- All classes are non-refundable, although you can send a friend in your place!
- Attendees must be at least 19 years of age to attend/participate in these classes.
- Allergies: we cannot guarantee that foods will be allergen-free, but you are welcome to come to class to learn, get recipes and tips. Tasting is of course your choice and is at your own risk.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef Cindy Low invites you to join her culinary adventures around the world. Over the past 10 years, she has taught more than 400 cooking classes, including Thai, Chinese, Indian, Japanese sushi, Vietnamese, Southeast Asian, Asian fusion, Italian, Greek, Moroccan, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Spanish, Mexican, contemporary and West Coast. Her extensive travels (as an international tour leader and as a travel journalist) lend an authenticity to her interpretations of global cuisines. She has travelled to 85 countries and speaks six languages.
Chef Cindy has also worked in top Vancouver restaurants and for one of Canada's top catering companies.
In partnership with the VGH Centre for Cardiovascular Health, Chef Cindy recently launched a program of "healthy heart" cooking classes. She has appeared on a cooking segment on Global TV's Morning News.
Chef Cindy has been a resident teaching chef at Gourmet Warehouse since 2013. She offers an impressive range of classes in various international cuisines. Her popular classes appeal to a diverse audience of home cooks, from beginners to serious foodies.