MODERN PERUVIAN - THURS, NOV 16
- Shelome Bouvette
- Class Type:
- Demonstration Class
- Event Time:
- 6 pm - 9 pm
MODERN PERUVIAN | 6:00-9:00 PM
Chef Shelome Bouvette marries er love of fresh sustainable traditional Peruvian recipes. Enjoy a class classics with her signature colourful, fresh, deeply flavourful west coast modern twist to Peruvian classics.
- Chicha morada - a refreshing traditional non-alcoholic drink made with purple corn, pineapple, citrus, apple, and mulled wine spices
- Pisco sour - the national drink of Peru; pisco, fresh lime, sugar, egg whites shaken and strained finished with Angostura bitters
- Classico ceviche - A traditional ceviche with locally sourced halibut, toasted Peruvian cancha corn, sweet corn on the cob, poached yam, salsa criolla, Aji Amarillo Peruvian pepper and citrus marinade
- Locra de Zapallo empandas - butternut squash, corn, kale, cheese filled empanada with a Peruvian rocoto chili aioli and Peruvian "Chifa" style salsa
- Chulpe de Mariscos - a Peruvian bouillabaisse featuring seasonal and locally caught west coast seafood, potatoes, peas, corn, poached quail's egg, Peruvian rocoto chili and tomato cream broth
- All participants receive a storewide 10% discount on the day of the class with exceptions on already reduced prices and electrical items, in-store items only.
- All classes are non-refundable, although you can send a friend in your place!
Shelome worked in her formative years learning and training with many of the city's cutting edge chef's restaurants at the time; Bin 942, Delilah's, Allegro, Ballantine's to name a few.
She is now regarded as one of the female pioneers in culinary industry becoming a young executive female chef at Lolita's South of the Border Mexican Cantina and carving her niche in the city with her signature modern west coast latin fusion. Today she continues to expand her love of latin flavours and fresh, local west coast ingredients. She marries both these passions to create beautiful, colourful, fresh, flavourful Peruvian classics with a modern west coast twist.