PERFECTLY SEASONED - THUR, APR 25
- David Robertson of "The Dirty Apron"
- Event Type:
- Demonstration Class
- Event Time:
- 6 pm - 9 pm
PERFECTLY SEASONED: EXOTIC FLAVOURS FROM AROUND THE WORLD | 6 pm - 9 pm
We are excited to welcome back Chef David Robertson as he takes you on a culinary tour around the world. In this class learn to perfect your seasonings by enhancing and intensifying various flavours. Featuring an array of spices this class will take your dinner ideas to a whole new level.
• Ling Cod Vindaloo with crispy curry leaves
• Mexican smoked chilli and guava braised beef short rib with an avocado crema
• South Indian spiced pork tenderloin alongside lemon rice
• Burnt pineapple and cardamom ice cream
- All participants receive a storewide 10% discount on the day of the class with exceptions on already reduced prices and electrical items, in-store items only.
- All classes are non-refundable, although you can send a friend in your place!
- Unless noted, participants must be at least 19 years of age to attend/participate in our classes.
- Allergies: we cannot guarantee that foods will be allergen-free, but you are welcome to come to class to learn, get recipes and tips. Tasting is of course your choice and is at your own risk. If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com
From his solid background and training in classical French fine dining, David’s passion for new flavors and foods has taken him all over the world in the pursuit of expanding his culinary repertoire and skills. Numerous competition successes, including as a member of the Gold medal wining team in the 1996 Culinary Olympics in Switzerland, furthered his opportunities to explore cooking beyond the geographical borders of Canada.
David’s wanderlust and zeal for new food and cooking styles has taken him to many top culinary destinations around continental Europe, the UK, Australia, and just outside of New York City, where he worked for 2 years under renowned chef Thomas Henkelmann, at the Homestead Inn.
Upon returning home to Vancouver in 2004, David became the Chef-de-Cuisine at the newly opened Belgian restaurant ‘Chambar’. Alongside chef/owner Nico Schuermans, he created one of the city’s most popular and highly-celebrated restaurants.
Throughout his career, David came to realize that not only does he love food, but he also loves teaching people about it. In 2009, together with his wife Sara, David realized his dream of opening a recreational, state-of-the-art cooking school in the form of The Dirty Apron Cooking School & Delicatessen, located inside the beautifully restored heritage building at 540 Beatty Street. As owner and head chef, David's infectious enthusiasm for the products he uses and his patient nature have proven to be the perfect blend of ingredients to offer the most talked about cooking classes, delicatessen and catering in the city.