Square Steel Baking Plate, 14-in
- Calculated at Checkout
Baking steels work in two ways: They're an alternative to your baking stone, and they can also be used at the same time as a baking stone. Steels are great for pizza, bread, pastries or any other baked goods. They eliminate hot spots while cooking, and produce uniformly browned crust.
Two suggested methods for cooking with a pizza steel are: Steel and stone: Place a steel baking plate with pizza on it on the bottom oven rack while positioning a pizza stone on the top rack a few inches above to achieve perfectly crisp crust. Radiant heat from the stone will help to brown the top crust and cook the toppings like the elevated ambient heat of a pizza oven.
Steel and broiler: Place pizza steel on a rack positioned directly below the broiler of your oven. The pizza steel will achieve a perfectly crisp crust, while direct heat from the broiler will brown the top crust and cook the toppings.
A baking steel is optimal because metal conducts heat better than stone and it stores more heat than stone - both key characteristics in creating a pizza that cooks up light and crisp. In a 500 F oven, a baking steel will stabilize at around 450 F due to the steel's radiative properties. It gives constant heat even as it absorbs it. That means it stabilizes at a temperature that's slightly cooler than the air around it. However, it is better at transferring energy to food placed on top of it.
- Make your own delicious pizza and baked gppds at home
- Not just for pizza. Can be used to bake bread, pastries and other goods
- Get a crispy crust every time
- Durable and easy to clean
- Dimensions: 14 x 14 x 0.14 Inches
- Weight: 7.7 lbs.
- Includes A Small Hanging Hole for easy storage
HOW TO USE: Pre-heat the baking steel in the oven for 45 minutes to one hour. Place uncooked pizza in the middle of the baking steel and proceed to cook your pizza according to the instructions of your pizza recipe. For best results, we recommend that you pre-heat your oven and steel at 500-550F, then cook your pizza for about eight minutes. Keep an eye on your food to reduce the chance of a burnt crust.
CARE: Hand wash with warm water, and immediately dry. Allowing the steel to remain wet will shorten its life and could contribute to rusting. Do not use soap to clean. Washing with soap will require the steel to be re-seasoned. Occasionally rub oil on steel to maintain seasoning. A pizza steel does require the same kind of care that one would give to cast iron.
CAUTION: Steel plate will get hot. Use oven mitt or glove when handling. We do not recommend using a steel on the grill. It is harder to control temperature on a grill, which means your steel could overheat quickly.
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP / CURBSIDE CONTACTLESS PARKING PICKUP (MINIMUM ORDER $25): Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $13.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $16.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $17.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $23.21
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERNS PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $18.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $29.89
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Christmas Return Policy
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 10 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to email@example.com along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.