SUSHI WORKSHOP - THUR, FEB 21
- Cindy Low
- Event Type:
- Hands-On Class
- Event Time:
- 6 pm - 9 pm
SUSHI WORKSHOP | 6 pm - 9 pm
Roll up your sleeves and learn how to make sushi! In this hands-on class, Chef Cindy Low will teach you how to make the vinegared sushi rice, how to mix wasabi, how to prepare fillings (seafood, vegetarian, tofu, eggs, Japanese pickles) and how to make sushi rolls, cones and other styles and shapes. Plus tips on how to host your own DIY sushi party. Join us for a fun evening of sushi making!
• California Rolls (crab, avocado, cucumber, rolled "Inside out")
• Futomaki ("Thick roll" with vegetables, omelet, Japanese pickled vegetables)
• Hoso Maki (thin rolls, with various fillings, such as salmon, tuna, cucumber)
• Inari Sushi (stuffed tofu pouches)
• Temaki (cones, with various fillings)
• Nigiri Sushi (rice with a sliced topping)
• Gunkan Sushi (rice wrapped with seaweed with various fillings)
• Onigiri (rice triangles)
• Miso soup with tofu
- All participants receive a storewide 10% discount on the day of the class with exceptions on already reduced prices and electrical items, in-store items only.
- All classes are non-refundable, although you can send a friend in your place!
- Attendees must be at least 19 years of age to attend/participate in these classes.
- Allergies: we cannot guarantee that foods will be allergen-free, but you are welcome to come to class to learn, get recipes and tips. Tasting is of course your choice and is at your own risk.
- If you have any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chef Cindy Low invites you to join her culinary adventures around the world. Over the past 10 years, she has taught more than 400 cooking classes, including Thai, Chinese, Indian, Japanese sushi, Vietnamese, Southeast Asian, Asian fusion, Italian, Greek, Moroccan, Middle Eastern, Turkish, Spanish, Mexican, contemporary and West Coast. Her extensive travels (as an international tour leader and as a travel journalist) lend an authenticity to her interpretations of global cuisines. She has travelled to 85 countries and speaks six languages.
Chef Cindy has also worked in top Vancouver restaurants and for one of Canada's top catering companies.
In partnership with the VGH Centre for Cardiovascular Health, Chef Cindy recently launched a program of "healthy heart" cooking classes. She has appeared on a cooking segment on Global TV's Morning News.
Chef Cindy has been a resident teaching chef at Gourmet Warehouse since 2013. She offers an impressive range of classes in various international cuisines. Her popular classes appeal to a diverse audience of home cooks, from beginners to serious foodies.