- Calculated at Checkout
- 272 pages
- Appetite by Random House
Seasonally Inspired Recipes for Creating and Cooking with Artisanal Preserves
Lee Murphy, a passionate and knowledgeable jam master and owner of Vista D'oro Farms & Winery, presents a vibrant look at the pleasures of creating and using beautiful, seasonal preserves.
A short drive from Vancouver, and an even easier trip over the border from Washington, The Preservatory is located on the bucolic ten-acre farm and winery in South Langley, British Columbia, Canada, and is home to a growing international brand where the star of the show is the in-season, locally grown fruit. At the Preservatory, Lee Murphy and her team create delicious artisanal preserves in small batches using copper pots for locals and visitors alike.
In The Preservatory, Lee demonstrates how to create your own unique preserves and how to use them in delicious recipes (preserves are not just for toast!). The creative options are truly endless, and this book will make jam masters out of everyone. Organized by season, the book features 55 recipes for preserves, such as Strawberry with Rose Petals, and Banana Passion Fruit & Rum; and 45 recipes using preserves, among them Gorgonzola Gougere with Pear; Indian Spiced Meatballs with Green Tomato & Garam Masala; and Pan Seared Scallops with Green Walnut & Grappa.
Filled with luscious, vibrant photography, The Preservatory is both an inspiring combination of traditional techniques and creative ideas and a celebration of locally grown food, seasonal cooking, and enjoying life with family and friends.
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP: Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $10.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $12.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $13.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $19.00
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERNS PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $15 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $26.00
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
Christmas Return Policy
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 12 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to email@example.com along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.