- 6 flat sheet lasagna noodles cooked al dente and kept warm
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 2 large garlic clove mince
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sweet white wine (sherry, port, Madeira)
- 20 tight tipped asparagus spears, tough ends snapped off
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Fleur de sel to taste
- Fresh ground pepper taste
- 1 cup fresh shaved Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped tarragon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2. Add the zest, salt, and pepper to taste. Set aside. This can be made a day ahead and refrigerated.
3. To serve, cut the lasagna sheets in half, ladle a small spoon of the sauce on your serving plate, place the 1/2 piece of noodle down, lay 2 asparagus spears on top. Ladle 2 tablespoons of sauce over and top with the other half of the pasta sheet. Top with 2 more asparagus spears, ladle a bit more sauce over top. Add the last half sheet, top with the remaining 1 asparagus.
4. Mix together the chopped tarragon and parsley, give a good sprinkle over the entire plate and crown with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
Note: if fresh tarragon is not available, simply use all parsley.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 04/2019