Pistachio & Lemon Crusted Halibut
Halibut is my favourite fish, and we’re spoiled with incredible wild Pacific halibut caught just off British Columbia’s shores.
- 1 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp crushed chili flake
- 1 275ml jar preserved lemon, core removed and diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 6 5oz pieces of halibut, skin removed.
2. Blot fish on paper towel to remove excess moisture and season with salt and pepper. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high with grapeseed oil and sear fish so you have a nice crust on each side. You don’t want to cook the fish through, only sear for 45 seconds or so per side depending on thickness.
3. Remove fish and let cool. Once cooled, press nut mixture on top of the fish and place in a parchment lined baking dish or oven safe dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 min, or until fish is cooked through.
Serve with fingerling potatoes, charred lemon slices, and your favourite salad.
Copyright (c) Christina Valagao 11/2021