Quick Veggie Curry Bowl
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil (for the curry sauce)
- 50 grams curry paste, there are many, I like “Asian Home Gourmet Brand”
- 14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 large shallot diced fine
- 1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil (for cooking the vegetables)
- large bag mixed frozen vegetables
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups cooked basmati or jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup toasted white sesame seeds for garnish
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves only for garnish
2. Add in the coconut milk and whisk until smooth and slightly thick, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok to high, add the oil and shallot, quickly stir fry and toss in the frozen vegetables continually tossing to heat through, add the parsley. Do not overcook.
4. Ladle the rice into 4 bowls, heap the vegetables on top and spoon the curry sauce around the edge. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over along with the fresh cilantro leaves.
WATCH THE VIDEO RECIPE >
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 09/2020