Sesame-Crusted Tuna with Wasabi Sauce
- 3 tbsp wasabi mustard
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup black sesame seeds
- 2 ½ lbs fresh ahi tuna steaks
- 2-3 tbsp grapeseed or peanut oil
- Steamed asparagus to serve, (optional)
2. Place the sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Dip both sides of the tuna into the seeds and press so that the seeds adhere to the tuna. Heat a non-stick fry pan to medium high and add the oil. Sear the fish for about 2 minutes on each side, longer if your preference is not rare. Slice the tuna thinly.
3. To serve, lay the asparagus on the plate. Lean the pieces of tuna over the asparagus and drizzle the tuna on top. The taste is a knockout! Enjoy.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 2018