Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Hellman's Mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Good grinding of fresh pepper
2. While the cauliflower is steaming, mix the Dijon, mayonnaise, garlic, Parmesan, parsley and pepper together in a 2 cup bowl. Mix well to ensure all the ingredients are combined. Set aside.
3. Once the cauliflower is cooked al dente, remove and shock in ice water to prevent it from cooking further. Drain and let it air dry for 15 minutes. Once the moisture has evaporated, rub the mustard mixture all over the cauliflower and place on a cookie sheet. This can be done to this point and refrigerated until ready to cook.
4. Preheat your oven to 450F, place the cauliflower in the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the mustard crust begins to bubble. Turn the oven to broil and carefully broil the top until golden brown, about 1 minute, no more or it will burn. Serve immediately.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 10/2019