BC Nugget Potato Salad
- 1 pound BC Warba potatoes
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2/3 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brined capers, drained
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh dill, fronds only, chopped
- 6 slices smoked wild salmon, coarsely chopped
- fresh pepper to taste
- fleur de sel or Maldon salt to taste
2. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing by placing the garlic, Dijon and lemon juice in a bowl, whisk to combine then slowly whisk in the oil and mix until the dressing is emulsified. Stir in the chopped capers and dill.
3. Set aside until the potatoes are cooked, once the potatoes are done, drain them, transfer to a serving bowl, pour the dressing over while the potatoes are still warm. This will allow them to absorb all the flavour, toss to coat and add the smoked salmon once the potatoes have cooled to room temperature.
4. Finish with cracked fresh pepper. I do not add salt as the salmon and capers are salty. If you like more, sprinkle in at the end once you taste the finished dish.
Copyright© caren mcsherry 06/18