Chocolate Hazelnut Pots de Crème
- 75 grams "Gianduja" hazelnut chocolate
- 100 grams bittersweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 Tbsp Frangelico "hazelnut liquor"
- a pinch of cardamom
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup crushed amaretti cookies
2. Add the vanilla, Frangelico and cardamom. Pour the hot milk mixture into the feed tube of the food processor and let the machine run for about 20 seconds. While the machine is running, add the egg and run for 20 more seconds. Pour the mixture in to little cups or pots de crème and chill for 4-6 hours or overnight.
3. I like to garnish with a little flake, or a sprinkle of hazelnuts or a crushed amaretti. Failing all of these options, a perfect raspberry is great. Remember to remove the pots from the refrigerator at least 1/2 hour before serving. Good chocolate like to warm to the room in order to warm to your palate and heart!
Copyright © 2018 Caren McSherry