The shape is where resemblance ends. The chocolate variety possess all the wonderful things that make it almost impossible to stop at just one. They make terrific gifts, or the perfect finish to a meal.
- 1 cup heavy cream 33% minimum
- 1 ¼ pound semi sweet or bittersweet chocolate, such as Callebaut or Valrhona (65% or higher) chopped
- 2 tablespoons liquor of your choice, Grand Marnier, Rum, Cognac etc...
- Optional Coating: Toasted chopped nuts (Pistachios, Almonds, Pecans etc), Dark Dutch Cocoa, Icing Sugar, Toasted Coconut, Gold Flake, Melted Chocolate
2. Pour the chocolate into a shallow pan and chill until the mixture is firm. Place your coating ingredients on separate plates.
3. Scoop small balls, about walnut size and randomly roll, keeping them irregular, drop into the selection of coatings, roll to coat and transfer to clean tray and chill until serving.
4. The truffles will keep for several weeks under refrigeration. Store in a covered container between sheets of parchment paper.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 1989