Corn, Bean and Avocado Salad
- 5 cobs fresh corn
- 2 cups black beans cooked, or 3 cups canned black beans rinsed and drained
- ½ bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 avocados peeled and cubed
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 large shallot diced fine
- 2 small garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- Zest of 1 small lime
- Juice of 1 small lime (1 tablespoon)
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil
2. Strip the kernels from the cob and place in a bowl. Add the beans and cilantro.Pour the dressing over and toss to coat well. Adjust the seasoning with sea salt and ground pepper.
3. Transfer to your serving platter. Just before serving sprinkle the avocado cubes and goat cheese over the top. Do not toss as the avocado will become mushy.
2. Adjust the seasoning to suit your taste. Pour over the salad as directed.
Note: If fresh corn is not available substitute with two 14 ounce cans of kernel corn drained, rinsed and blotted dry on kitchen towels. Once the most of the moisture is evaporated, place the corn in a cast iron pan, along with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed oil and roast it that way. Keep shaking the pan to encourage even browning. Cool and add to the salad.
Copyright© caren mcsherry 06/18