Feta-Stuffed Prawns with Pineapple Salsa
- 24 large “26/30” fresh peeled prawns, peeled and heads removed
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 tsp sweet chili paste, Côte d’Azur Spice 2.0
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 package square wonton wrappers
- Grapeseed oil for frying
- Sesame seeds for garnish
Pineapple Salsa Ingredients:
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 large onion
- 2 red peppers, cut in half and cored
- 1 jalapeño pepper (optional)
- ½ bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- Juice of one lime
- Sea salt
2. Cut the peeled prawns lengthwise down the back, do not cut through. Open and stuff a small amount of filling into the slit and press shut. Repeat using all the prawns.
3. Cut the wonton into 1/2-inch strips, lay the strips onto your work surface and brush lightly with water. Lay the stuffed prawn on the edge of each strip roll up overlapping on each turn.
4. Heat the oil in a shallow fry pan and fry the wrapped prawns about 1 minute each side until they are bright pink. Remove and blot on paper towels to absorb any excess oil and roll in the sesame seeds while still warm. Transfer to a serving plate and serve with the pineapple salsa.
Pineapple Salsa Method:
2. Repeat with the jalapeño, leaving the pepper whole on the grill. In a medium bowl, combine grilled and diced pineapple, onion, pepper, and jalapeño. Add cilantro, mint, lime juice, and sea salt. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
Makes approximately 24 prawns.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 2004