BC Spot Prawn Ceviche
- ½ lb fresh BC Spot Prawns, heads and shell removed
- 3 limes, juiced and 1 zested
- 1 tsp orange zest
- ½ orange, juiced
- 1 tbsp serrano chili, cut in disks (if you prefer less heat, substitute with jalapeno)
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 handful cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sliced avocado
2. In a large bowl, combine all citrus, chilis, and red onion. Add prawns and let sit in the citrus mixture for a minimum of 10-15 minutes. You can leave this mixture for up to 3 hours in the fridge.
3. Add cilantro, and taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Finish with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a few more cilantro leaves for garnish.
4. Serve on a crispy tostada with sliced avocados and enjoy immediately.
Copyright (c) Christina Valagao 06/2021