Fresh Fruit Crumble
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup crushed amaretti cookies (for the crumble)
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 2 Tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups fresh local blueberries
- 1/3 cup crushed amaretti cookies (to mix with blueberries)
- Icing sugar for dusting
2. Put the blueberries into a 4-6 cup (1-1.5L) shallow nonmetal baking dish. Mix in the 1/3 of crushed amaretti cookies.
3. Top with the prepared crumble and bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the blueberries just begin to bubble and the crumble is golden brown. Remove and cool.
4. Dust with icing sugar and serve with your favourite decadent ice cream.
Serves 4 to 6.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 04/2021