Ginger Sesame Turkey Burgers
- 1lb ground turkey
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp minced fermented black beans
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup black sesame seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil, for frying
2. Shape the turkey mixture into six patties, and then dip both sides of each patty into the sesame seeds.
3. Heat a small amount of peanut oil in a non-stick skillet. When the oil is hot, fry the burgers for about 5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the burgers are cooked through (a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the burger should read 165 F / 74 C).
4. Serve on a bun garnished with arugula or on a bed of steamed Chinese greens, like bok choy.
- TIP: If grilling the burgers, cook over medium coals for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 165F/74C.
- Serves: 6 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 2021 | This recipe is sponsored by THINKTURKEY