Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
Flank Steak Ingredients:
- 1 pound of organic flank steak
- Stalks of 1 bunch cilantro and 1 bunch parsley
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 red onion, charred
- ¼ cup Sherry vinegar
- 1 heaping teaspoon hot smoked Paprika
- 1.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lime
- 1 bunch parsley – chopped roughly
- ½ bunch cilantro – chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked bittersweet paprika
- ½ shallot, chopped fine
- ¾ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1.5 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2. Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides and rub into the meat.
3. Transfer meat to a container or plastic bag and pour the entire contents of the marinade in the container and seal. Try to remove as much air as possible and cover the meat completely. Marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
4. When ready to cook, remove meat from the fridge and bring to room temperature. Remove the steak from the marinade and tap excess off. You can leave some marinade on for grilling but the majority should be discarded.
5. Grill on the BBQ on high heat for 4-5 min per side or until internal temperature reads 125-130 degrees. Remove from grill and rest covered in tin foil for 10 minutes.
6. I like to serve this Medium Rare, however if you prefer a more well-done steak you can leave it on the grill slightly longer.
7. Slice the steak against the grain in very thin slices. Top generously with chimichurri and serve.
1. In a bowl combine parsley, cilantro, oregano, paprika and shallot. Stir to combine. Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil and stir thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. Let sit for min 30-45 min at room temp. When you are ready to serve, stir in sherry vinegar and spoon generously over your sliced flank steak.
Makes 1.5 cups, lasts in the fridge up to two days in an airtight container.
Copyright (c) Christina Valagao 2021