Homemade Creamed Corn
- 2 cobs fresh BC corn, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
2. Cut the kernels from the cob and place in a small stainless saucepan. Add the butter, milk and sea salt. Stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it is the consistency you like. I prefer to keep in a bit chunky so it looks homemade.
4. Taste for seasoning and enjoy.
Makes 2 cups.
NOTE: This freezes very well so triple up the recipe
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 08/2019