Quinoa Salad Bowl
This customizable quinoa salad is the ideal make-ahead lunch for work. The dressing comes together in seconds and keeps for a week, with no added preservatives or sugars. Feel free to use whatever vegetables you prefer, and add leftover proteins like chicken or salmon.
- 1 cup black quinoa, uncooked
- ½ cup radishes, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 2-3 small, sweet peppers (or 1 bell pepper), sliced
- 1 small cucumber, sliced into small rounds
- ¾ cup crumbled feta, for garnish
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar, preferably Reale 4-year-old
- 4 tbsp high quality extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
2. Once quinoa has cooled, add your preferred portion of quinoa to a large bowl. Add radishes, cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, peppers, and cucumber. Toss to combine.
In a separate small bowl, add Dijon mustard and white balsamic vinegar. Stir to combine. Using a whisk, whisk the mixture while drizzling olive oil until emulsified. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Add desired amount of dressing to assembled salad. Toss to combine, and transfer to your preferred food storage container. Garnish with crumbled feta. Seal with a lid and enjoy for lunch later!
Makes 6-8 servings
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 09/ 2021