Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Herbed Feta & Chorizo
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 stick (about 4oz) cured spicy chorizo, thinly sliced and julienned
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 4 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp fresh lemon zest
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chili flakes (garnish)
- Julienned Lemon zest (garnish)
2. Place the potatoes directly on the oven rack and bake for about 40 minutes, or until they are soft when you squeeze them.
3. While the potatoes are baking, dry-fry the chorizo in a fry pan over medium heat until it is crispy both sides, about 10 minutes total. Blot on paper towel to remove any excess oil, then set aside.
4. Place the feta, parsley, cilantro, sour cream, yogurt, and lemon zest in the bowl of a food processor and cream the ingredients together.
5. To serve, cut the potatoes in half and give them a squeeze to break the flesh a bit. Place on a serving plate, and evenly divide the feta mixture over the halves. Sprinkle the chorizo over top. Give the potatoes a good grinding of pepper and top each with a pinch of chili flakes to taste and a sprinkle of Julienne lemon zest.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 2018