Starters, Salads & Sexy Sides
- Calculated at Checkout
- Product Details:
- Paperback / 184 pages
- Appetite by Random House
Inspiring Recipes to Make Every Meal an Occasion
A go-to collection of more than 80 recipes to take your cooking from “ho hum” to “hot damn!”Never again will you find yourself wondering, “What should I make with my main?”
Everyone knows what to make for their main dishes, but what about the problem of what to serve with them? Whether you’re planning for a buffet, a sit-down dinner, or a small plates–style meal, Starters, Salads, and Sexy Sides provides more than 80 creative solutions to that all-too-familiar dilemma of what to make with your main.
You won’t find any entrées or desserts here; instead, you’ll be inspired by an array of appetizers, salads, and sides that are as delicious mixed and matched with mains as they are served on their own. With recipes ranging from Really Good Meatballs to Prosciutto and Pear Wedges, and Sweet Pea, Edamame, and Burrata Salad to Whole Roasted Cauliflower, you’ll be sure to find the perfect accompaniment to make any meal an occasion.
"When starters and salads are stupendous, main courses or big proteins are almost superfluous. At that point all you need to complete your meal are great sides. This cookbook will guide you to just that kind of meal: one that starts tasty and diverse, and finishes deliciously sexy." --Chef Lidia Bastianich
"What makes me happiest is finding a new cookbook that inspires me to get into my kitchen and start cooking right away. Everything about this cookbook is about the wonderful world of food and why I love it!" --Chef Lynn Crawford
“Caren’s book is a celebration of food and, like her, it is bursting with positive energy. The colors and combinations of ingredients, paired with her no-fail know-how, will have you bounding into the kitchen, excited to whip up something fresh and enticing. Who needs a main course when you have these starters, salads, and sides?” --Chef Anna Olson
“Caren McSherry has the touch and the eye for elevating simple, fresh ingredients into simply fabulous dishes. Our salad days are here again!” --Bob Blumer, Food Network host and cookbook author
“Caren has done it again! I’ve always struggled with entertaining ideas and this book is the answer. Caren has done all the homework for us so we can adapt the latest delicious food trends to our own kitchens. She makes everything look effortless, and taste great.” --Simi Sara, journalist and radio host, CKNW
- Dimensions: 20.6 x 1.5 x 25.4 cm
We can ship to any address within Canada. Note that due to restrictions on some products, we are not shipping outside Canada.
- IN-STORE PICKUP / CURBSIDE CONTACTLESS PARKING PICKUP: Free (option available to customers with a billing address located in British Columbia).
- VANCOUVER Flat Rate Shipping: $13.00
- BRITISH COLUMBIA Shipping Rate starting as low as: $16.00
- ALBERTA, MANITOBA, SASKATCHEWAN Shipping Rate starting at $17.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $23.21
- ONTARIO, QUEBEC, AND EASTERN PROVINCES Shipping Rate starting at $18.25 for 500g max parcel weight or as low as $29.89
- When you place an order, we will estimate shipping for you based on the availability of your items, and the shipping option(s) you choose.
- Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
SHIPPING LIMITATIONS & EXCLUSIONS
- We do not ship electrical products outside the province of British Columbia.
- Gourmetwarehouse.ca is unable to ship to some PO boxes, hotels, and a few limited areas.
- We are unable to ship to the territories (Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut).
CHRISTMAS RETURN POLICY
In Store & Online
- A Receipt or Online Order Number is required for all refunds/exchanges.
- No refunds/exchanges on food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Special orders take at least 6-8 weeks for arrival and 50% deposits are non-refundable.
- Special orders cannot be guaranteed to arrive before christmas day.
- Full refunds/exchanges will be honored if unopened, unused and in original packaging.
- Purchases made between Oct 19 - Dec 24 can be returned/ exchanged until Jan 10 with original receipt or gift receipt - this does not apply to Black Friday/Boxing Week sale items marked "Final Sale".
-There is no warranty on cutting boards. Due to the intimate nature of Tweezerman beauty & hygiene products, these items are considered "Final sale". - Lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued. No refunds/exchanges on gift basket items.
- We check all breakables before they leave the store - once they leave the store they are your responsibility and are non-returnable if broken.
- Items bought for staging purposes will incur a 20% restocking fee upon return.
- Seasonal items cannot be returned/exchanged after Dec 1.
- Items cannot be put on hold without full payment between Dec. 1 - 31st
- An Order Number is required for all refunds and exchanges.
There are no refunds or exchanges on any food items. All clearance items and books are final sale.
- Full returns/exchanges will be honoured if the product is unopened, unused, and in its original packaging with all accessories. Refunds and exchanges must be within 30 days of purchase. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.)
- For items received from an online order that have arrived broken, please send photo documentation of the damages to email@example.com along with your order number within 24 hours of receipt.
- You should expect to receive your refund once we received and verify the returned order.
- No exchanges will be issued or accepted over 30 days of purchase.
- Gift Cards and E-Gift Certificates are not redeemable for cash, lost or stolen gift cards cannot be re-issued.
- There are no refunds/exchanges on Gift Baskets.