Sweet Pea, Edamame, and Burrata Salad
- 3 cups frozen shelled edamame beans
- 1 package (1lb) frozen peas (the small sweetlet variety)
- 1 ball (8oz) burrata cheese, left whole or cut into walnut-sized bites
- Fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp tarragon or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped preserved lemon rind
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Pinch of sugar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
2. Blanch the frozen peas in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, then refresh in an ice bath, drain, and side aside.
3. To make the dressing, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, preserved lemon rind, and mustard. Slowly whisk in the olive oil unti the dressing is thick and smooth. Add the parsley, pinch of sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Combine the peas and edamame beans, pour the dressing over top and toss to oat. Adjust seasoning with Fleur de Sel and pepper to taste. Transfer the mixture to a serving platter, and garnish with the burrata.
Note: Nothing really compares to the delicious decadence of burrata, but you can substitute fresh buffalo mozzarella or goat cheese in a pinch.
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 2019