Apple Marzipan Puffs
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 250 grams marzipan or hazelnut paste
- 6 amaretti cookies crushed
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 6 teaspoons berry sugar
- 1 whole egg, lightly beaten
2. Cut into 4 inch squares and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
3. Drop about a tablespoon of marzipan paste into the center of the pastry square.
4. Sprinkle a bit of the crushed amaretti cookie over top, then lay the sliced apple over, sprinkle each with a teaspoon of sugar. Pinch the corners of the pastry together encompassing the fruit but leaving the top open.
5. Brush lightly with the egg glaze. Chill for 30 minutes. Bake in 400F degree over for 15 – 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Copyright© Caren McSherry 04/2018