This is a great way to use up tired cauliflower and makes a beautiful base for plate presentation.
- 1 head cauliflower, broken in florets, including stems
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock paste
- 1 cup mascarpone or sour cream
- 2 cups fresh spinach, stemmed
2. Bring the water back to the boil, add the spinach, turn off the heat and let the spinach wilt in the hot water. This should take 2-3 minutes.
3. Fill a bowl with ice water and transfer the spinach with a slotted spoon to the bowl. Let it stand in the ice water for about 5 minutes. Drain well to remove as much water as possible.
4. Place the reserved cauliflower, cooked spinach and mascarpone in a blender or with the help of an immersion blender. Purée, the mixture should be silky smooth. Adjust the seasoning and transfer to a bowl until serving time.
Makes 4-6 servings
Copyright (c) Caren McSherry 05/2020