Sheet Pan Honey Pomegranate Chicken
This sheet pan dinner is perfect for when you’re short on time but don’t want to sacrifice flavour! Cooking on one sheet tray makes for easy clean up, so you can spend more of your evenings relaxing.
- 1.5lbs chicken thighs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 thumb fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup pomegranate molasses
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup hot honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 2 delicata squashes, seeds removed and sliced thin into half moons
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp hot honey
- 1 cup toasted Mediterranean couscous
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup mint, chiffonade
- 1 heaping tsp rose harissa
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- Mint sprigs
2. In a separate bowl, combine ginger, pomegranate molasses, pomegranate juice, hot honey, lemon juice and garlic. Add spice coated chicken to this mixture and marinate for 30 minutes.
3. On a large sheet pan, add sliced onion, shallot, and garlic. Toss with 2 tbsp of olive oil so it’s evenly coated. Add to oven for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, toss the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil with 1 tbsp hot honey and the sliced delicata squash. Add this to the sheet pan on top of the onion, shallot, and garlic mixture.
5. Place chicken thighs on the opposite side of the squash on the same sheet pan atop the onions and shallots in single file. Season with salt and pepper and place in the oven. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, flipping the squash at the 20-minute mark.
6. While the chicken is in the oven, add 1 cup of water to 1 cup of couscous in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cover for 15 minutes. Fluff and remove from heat.
7. In a small bowl, mix harissa, honey, lemon juice and olive oil and pour over warm couscous. Fold in the mint and half the toasted almonds. To serve, spoon couscous in a bowl and top with chicken thighs, delicata squash and remaining toasted almonds, pomegranate seeds, and mint to garnish.
- Serves 4
Copyright (c) Christina Valagao 03/2022